Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'M OFFICIAL!!!






Well I must say these last two days were VERY successful! Yesterday, after a wonderful day teaching, I went to Best Buy with a few friends and bought blank CDs for ballet class, and a USB cord for my camera (yayyy for uploaded pictures!) On the way back to school I rode the subway BY MYSELF (man, am I growing up quickly in this city) and, believe it or not, saw a 7/11 (Shanghai really does have everything!) After a quick dinner, I was off to my first Chinese tutoring session. We worked on pronunciations and learned a few key words and phrases – twice a week for an hour should really pay off soon, especially if I study and work hard on what we learn in class!

Then today, I BOUGHT A BIKE!!!! I feel so Chinese! I LOVE IT!!!

These are photos from today's Show and Tell lesson. We have been reading the story, "Max, the Cat" in class this week. After reading the story, I had the children draw pictures of their own "Max." One by one the children came up to the front and presented their drawings and told their own version of "Max, the Cat" - if you can imagine, I had some VERY interesting variations of the story! Some including "Max, under the Sea" and "Max living with Sharks" We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment