Wednesday, December 22, 2010

walking on sunshine while living in a yellow submarine!





As you may or may not know, as well as being a standard 1st grade homeroom teacher, I also teach DANCE, and somehow actually survived my first semester! If you've ever seen me dance (and I'm sorry if you have) you understand how this is quite the accomplishment! Not only was I expected to come up with fun, energetic routines for class but at the end of the semester my kids had to perform in the Christmas Art Festival! I can 100% guarantee I was 10x more nervous than any and all of the kids! I had no idea what to expect from the other dance classes and was absolutely clueless about choreographing a dance for 1st graders. In the end I chose one of favorite songs, "Walking On Sunshine" which luckily turned out to be the perfect song for the kids as they (almost) always danced together and (for the most part) looked polished and organized.... Either way it was a lot of fun for both me and the kids and a great experience to broaden my horizons and be challenged in a new art form.

No comments:

Post a Comment