Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"teecha teeecha i've gut to go we we"





Welcome to first grade! Today was filled with not only nervousness and anxiety but also an overwhelming excitement and sense of readiness! This past week since I've arrived in China (home sweet Shanghai!) I've been giddy with anticipation and wonderment of what this year will bring. I've gotten through the frustrations of having NO IDEA what was going on and wondering what the HECK I was thinking when I signed my contract only a few days ago to an overall feeling of calmness and final realization that "everything always works out in the end."
Today was the primary school's meet and greet for the teachers, parents, and students to get to know each other and the classroom. As each one of my precious students walked through the door of room 106 I greeted them with warm welcomes and hopefully the same sense of relief I felt only moments earlier. I showed each one to his/her seat, pointing out name tags and crayons to decorate and make "beeeuutifall." Once all the students arrived, the parents we're sent upstairs for a meeting while I was left to play games and "get to know you" ice breakers. We had tons of fun and I can already wholeheartedly say, I've officially fallen in love with my job and my 22 new first grade darlings! Wish me luck for tomorrow, as it's a day filled with classroom rules, policies, and plenty of play as well!

1 comment:

  1. Pamela, I am so excited for you! All 22 students are going to love their new American teacher because she rocks! love Carole

    ReplyDelete